Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Kousen High School

Monday morning I went to the Kubo's house. I will be staying with them for the week and attend Kousen High School with Yuichi, Mrs. Kubo's son, who is 17 years old. There was not a lot of time for getting acquainted that morning because we needed to get to school. Yuichi and I got on our bikes right away and headed for Kousen so that we would not be late. It takes 40 min. to get to the school by bike. It is difficult though due to 4 bridges and a huge hill right at the end before reaching the school. My legs got very tired after the bike ride. XD It was arranged for me to be in a class with kids the same age as me. My home room teacher is Mr. Yasuda, who is the English teacher as well. So it is nice, because If I have any problems I can always talk to him in English. Classes go until 4:40 and soccer goes until 7:00 pm. So for the week at Kousen, I will be able to nothing besides school. I get home around 9:00 due to the long bike ride and after a little bit of time talking with some friends before leaving for home. Each day the schedule is different for classes. Monday I had Japanese, English, math, physics, and chemistry for 2 hours. That particular Monday, the school had 2 hours off at the end of the day due to a competition the past weekend. In the Japanese class we listened to a tape while reading a book. I got to help out in English class with Mr. Yasuda. In Chemistry we took plastic bottles and made soap with them. I got to take mine home with me, LOL. I was told to wait one month before opening it. Even though it was a long day, when I got home, I watched Nacho Libre with Yuichi and his little brother before going to bed.

Tuesday I had Math, English, chemistry, history, and computers. Math was two hours and computers was 3! I have been making many friends and having a great time :)
At soccer it was much different than Tohei High School, since it was more of just a club and not a school team sport. Kousen being a 5-year senior high school/college (Asahikawa National College of Technology) specializes in computers, robots, and so on. Most of the kids there are very talented. I was lucky to be allowed as a guest student there. It is very difficult to get into this school, and once enrolled, the students must maintain their academic levels in order to continue there. Mainly the students graduate with an associate of engineering degree, but some go into medicine. It was an odd sight for me to be going to school with students that were twenty years old. I guess it was funny to me because there was such a big age difference between the students there.

Again I don't have much time, so I will detail more and add pictures in time. I am very sorry. The computer lab closes in 3 min. XD I gotta go, LOL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never make homemade soap for me!!!! Really Adam, we will have to discuss our friendship upon your return :D Hope you are not too sore from all of the biking!! Maybe you should consider training for the Tour de France :) Have fun and watch out for mountain bears!!
Mrs. Komasara

Louise said...

yay you're going to school now :]
can't wait to see the pictures later.
take care. we all miss you!

♥Louise & the rest of the Prudente-Czaplicki family

p.s. i hope you enjoyed bag shopping with your host mom because we'll be doing that when you get back :P

onlyyy kidding


maybe :]

Anonymous said...

Bueller....Bueller...Helloooooo?!!
Mrs. Komasara