Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Asahidake




The tallest mountain in Hokkaido is Asahidake. That is where I went Sunday. It was a long car drive there, but enjoyable with being able to study 1st grade to 3rd grade kanji, like Mori Sensei said :D. The mountain was huge and a chairlift was needed to go up around half the height. My ojiisan (grandpa) went, too. When we reached the part to walk though, he stayed in the rest area and just enjoyed the view, while my host mom and I began to climb. The path had lots of rocks, so I had to be careful where I stepped. The view was gorgeous. Mountains, valleys, rivers, and city all were in sight. My host mom kept on asking me why I was enjoying it so much; I guess she is used to seeing mountains everyday XD. She got tired and told me to continue by myself. I had to go to the bath at the base of the part where it started getting steep fast. My host mom did not want grandpa waiting. I did not get to see the top of the mountain because we ran out of time, but it was still a nice view. If I ever went back, I would definitely climb to the top.

On the way back, we stopped for some lavender ice cream again in Furano, while driving grandpa back to his home :) . Grandpa would stay for the week at his house and return maybe over the weekend or next week. We stopped by the home of my ojiisan's sister, which was very close, and they had melons and cherries. I was given a melon and we picked cherries. It was fun. The melons were very delicious. I have been wanting to try a lot of fruit now, because some are so different in size and flavor from the fruit in America.

By the time we got close to home it was late at night. We went out to get some sushi anyways, and like always it was super delicious.

5 comments:

alimighty1 said...

You need my super climbing skillz.

and half the things you talk about are food, will you fit on the plane back? j/k =)

ciocia ann said...

You sound like you're having a blast Adam.

And it sounds like you're having a great time experiencing all the food. What you need to do now, is learn some preparation techniques of japanese cuisine so you can come back home continuing to enjoy the foods you'll miss from there.

But I'm not talking about learning anything fancy or difficult. But maybe learn some really easy and simple things that you can do. Maybe your host mom could even show you something quick and simple. That way you could make your own obento box from time to time and relive some of those memories you're currently making for yourself.

Just a thought!! : )

We love and miss you!

Always,
Ciocia Ann and Wujek Michas

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Aunt Lorraine said...

Hi Adam,
Uncle Steve and I are really enjoying your blog. Glad to hear that you are having such a good time and meeting some great people. At one of those soccer games make get a goal for me, okay. No pressure but boy would that blow them out of the water.Today is the 4th of July. God Bless America. We love you

Anonymous said...

Dasiu,

I love you, I miss you, and I would want you to be here with us, but I am happy you are having a good time. I am looking forward to the time that you come back, but until then I wish you continue to have a good time there. I love you always.

Babcia