Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Sapporo

On Saturday, I went to the school festival at Tohei High School. Some kids from the soccer team were there, so they guided me around the school. I got to see a school play, watch the band play, eat some food, get a massage, and view decorated rooms. One of the rooms was filled with paper animals to represent Asahiyama Zoo. It was very clever and well done. The students went all out on their decorations, so it was very exciting to see. They even had a room that was set up to give massages. I went into the room for a massage, and it was one of the soccer members that massaged me! They had pop bottle caps on the ground to massage the feet, but it hurt more than massaged, LOL. Overall, the festival was very enjoyable.

Sunday morning my host mom and I headed to Sapporo, the largest city in Hokkaido. We first went to a city nearby Sapporo called Otaru. Otaru is famous for glass and sound boxes. Another special thing about Otaru is their ice cream. I went to the ice cream shop with the supreme soft-cream special which contained lavender, milk, melon, strawberry, and coffee flavored ice cream. It was so delicious.

Once in Sapporo, we went to some shopping centers - they were all around. Sapporo was huge. It was much bigger than Asahikawa city. I had a great time with my host mom. She was looking for a summer bag as a purse to carry around. So I kept on joking with her and pointed to small shopping bags and said "Look!!! Summer bag!!!!" LOL, she laughed. We went to a Toys R Us in Sapporo to see if there were more Keroro things. We also stopped at a pet store just to look around. I went right to the parakeets because I miss my birds at home so much. One of the birds tried to bite my nose and my host mom laughed at me. The malls there were all really cool with grass and trees indoor. Everything was kept up very well. Who would think that shopping could be so much fun!

After leaving the city, we stopped at the home of a friend of my host mom's. We were invited there for dinner. We had curry rice and it was very delicious. I can't help but comment on how good the food is...can you tell I like the food? HAHA. It was a very enjoyable weekend.

The next morning I needed to wake up very early. I was going to the Kubo family's house for a week. I am short on time right now, so I will detail my post more later and add pictures. I am very sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooo

that sounds pretyt cool
glad to see your having fun
an teachthem kids what it means to be a gamer ;) take care good luck

-Julian

Anonymous said...

What is a sound box? How come you never go shopping with me for summer bags? :} I am really not feeling the love!!! Hope you are having a great time!! Cya when you return! Love ya Mrs. Komasara

P.S.
Let's plan a shopping outing when you return...I will be needing a new fall bag!!!