Friday, August 31, 2007

Final Farewell

In the morning I woke up and went to the breakfast room in the hotel. I ate a quick breakfast with Mrs. Ueno and my host mom. This morning was very short with them, surprisingly short. There is not much to say because it happened so quick :( We headed towards the terminal and I was not completely sure when I was leaving. I had it in my mind that I would be able to talk with them for a while more. The gate was very close and my host mom just said hurry! you will miss the plane! I was shocked because it was like "woah I have to go right now" I only had time to give my host mom and Mrs. Ueno a hug goodbye. I waved as I walked through security. It happened that fast. I boarded on to my plane and I was on my way home. The plane out of Hokkaido was around an hour. I met up with some friends that I knew from YFU on the way to Japan. It was nice to see them and talk about our trips. We took a bus to Tokyo Narita Airport and all the kids going to east side United States were on the plane with me. We were heading to Chicago airport. I got to call my family in Chicago. Everything was happening so fast. With another hour flight home to Detroit I met up with my family at the Airport. It was good to be home. It was hard to Imagine that earlier that day I was still in Japan talking with my host mom. This trip was a life changing experience for me. Something I will never forget.

No comments: