Friday, August 31, 2007

last day with the Yamaguchi family

All of the last days came down to just goodbye days for people I knew. This one happened to be the day I said bye to the Yamaguchi family. I did some more shopping again in the morning. This was the day I bought most of my candy to bring back home. My host mom said that she would have a lunch break around noon so she said we would go to mos burger. At mos burger I ordered three different kinds. Teriyaki, ebi(shrimp, and the original mos burger. They were all delicious. Right next door was a Mister Donuts so we went in there as well. I got a free Pon de lion(mister donuts mascot lion)squishy toy. My host mom had to go back to work and Mrs. Yamaguchi picked me up. She took me for a little last minute shopping. It was fun talking with her in the car. Tonight for dinner we would go for yakiniku again. I was very excited. We picked up the kids from school and we met Mr. Yamaguchi at the restaurant. It was traditional style so we sat on the floor around a table. It was a good time with them. We went back to their house for fireworks. A while back when I went to Toys R Us with Mrs. Yamaguchi, we bought fireworks. We did not get a chance to use them so we decided it would be a good time now. I showed the kids some of the things Yuichi showed me with fireworks. Mr. Yamaguchi made a bonfire and after all the fireworks were done we sat there for a while. When It died down a little we went inside to talk and take some pictures before I had to go. I played othello with Mrs. Yamaguchi and after a while all the kids fell asleep. Mrs. Yamaguchi was going to take me home. I said bye to everyone else. On the way home Mrs. Yamaguchi said she was going to take the long way home so we could talk more. We talked and Mrs. Yamaguchi had tears, it was very hard to say goodbye. When we got close to the house we decided to take another loop around before going back home to talk more. When we arrived at my host moms house, my host mom came out and they talked a little. The time came and I gave my final goodbye as Mrs. Yamaguchi drove off. It was past midnight and my host mom was actually sleeping when I got home so we both went to bed.

No comments: