Friday, August 31, 2007

Soccer party

Today would be the last day I would be in Asahikawa because My host mom and I would be driving down to Chitose Airport to stay at the hotel. Today summer vacation started for the kids so I had a party with the the soccer team as a goodbye party and my birthday party because it was also my birthday. My host mom rented out a place and around noon I went there to meet up with everyone. We all had rice balls and cake to eat. It was a really great time. I took pictures and we ate Jelly Bellies. I brought them from home because It is a fun activity especially because there are flavors that are not in Japan. Most people do not like black licorice in Japan so it was fun to dare the kids on the team to eat one. There faces was priceless. As soon as they tried it they searched for it in the jar and went to tell another kid that it tasted good. I played rock paper scissors with a teammate and I won so I got to watch them eat it. The funny part is that if I did lose I would not be really affected by the black licorice taste. One of the coolest gifts that I received was from the soccer team today. It was a soccer ball signed by all of the kids on the team. It also had the school name printed on to it like all of there soccer balls. It was super nice of my host mom to put on this party for me. The party came to a close and It was a kind of rush to get home grab my suitcases and leave. I said bye to everyone and gave out my email address. I came into a really nice surprise when I got home. It was the Yamaguchi family with the four kids! I was really surprised since yesterday was supposed to be my final goodbye with them. I got all of my stuff in the car and I only got to talk with the Yamaguchi's for just a while. But just seeing them before I had to leave was a great by itself. I waved as my host mom and I drove off towards Chitose. We talked in the car ride and we stopped for snacks on the way there. It was a several hour drive. At the hotel connected to the Airport I got to see Mrs. Ueno again. It was very nice to see her. We talked in the hotel lobby for a while. I had to wake up early in the morning in my flight so I went to my room for sleep.

No comments: