Monday, June 25, 2007

Hokkaido Folk Arts and Crafts Village




Saturday I had soccer practice at 1:00pm, so there was some time to do something beforehand. So after breakfast my host mom took me to a museum. It was called the "Hokkaido Folk Arts and Crafts Village". Inside there were actually three museums. The first one I went to was the Yukara Ori Folk Craft Museum. In this museum there were woven cloths that resembled nature. They were very cool, but if you wanted to buy one they were very expensive. The second museum was my favorite. It was the Snow Crystals Museum. This museum was all white marble and glass with snowflake emblems all over it. There was a room with large glass viewing windows so that you could look at the tremendous walls of ice on the other side. Of course the room was very cold XD. The last museum was the International Dyeing and Weaving Art Museum. There was clothing from all around the world. We did not get to stay in the museums very long because we were short on time. I wish I could have stayed longer.

I went to soccer practice and talked with the kids on team. It was really fun. Some tried teaching me Kanji, and some liked asking me if knew famous actors and singers that they new of. The practice went to about 4:45. For the scrimmage that would be tomorrow, one of the kids told me to meet him at the school at 11:10 and we would ride our bikes to the other school to play. After soccer, my host mom came home from Furano after picking up her father. We went out to dinner at a very delicious restaurant that served fried sea food. I got a combination plate with all the different kinds they served there...mmmmm. Afterwards, I got a strawberry soft-served ice cream cone. Japanese soft-serve ice cream is awesome! The strawberry ice cream was the best strawberry ice cream I have ever had.
biggrin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your ice cream picture should be titled: "Orange" You Glad For Ice Cream!