Friday, June 15, 2007

Orientation Day 3
















The third day was much like the second, but there was more free time and celebration activities of the last day. I got to choose two Japanese culture sesions to learn from. I was in the Onigiri (rice ball) and Japanese entertainment. I managed to fit in a run later in the day during some down time. For dinner we had Obento. It was very delicious. The big part of the day was the Kumi Challenge where each kumi would have to come up with a dance from the songs in which we previously danced from the Coal Miner's dance. The first place kumi got to get dinner first. My kumi won! George helped us pull together a very creative dance that pulled our kumi to victory.

I had a great time at the orientation and I made many friends there too. The orientation was a good experience to help me in my transition to a new culture. The next morning I would leave to San Fransisco airport headed for Japan.


No comments: