Saturday, June 30, 2007

Viking Style?

The last couple of days I did not get a chance to make a post. Friday was the most eventful because I went to a Catholic church and out to lunch with a family that knew my host mom. The family name is Yamaguchi. It is a family of six. There are 2 sons and 2 daughters all under the age of ten I assumed. I was picked up around 9:45 and we arrived at the church at 10:00. It was a short mass, but very similar to Catholic churches in America. Of course there was one big difference, they spoke Japanese...XD. They also do not wear outside shoes in the church, just like any home in Japan. So I was given a pair of slippers to wear. It was funny because it was a one size for everyone type, but my entire heel was off the shoe, lol. Mrs. Yamaguchi held up the songs to me, so I decided I would give it a try. I was surprised because I could actually sing and read the Japanese without falling behind. There were actually some Kanji characters, but thankfully I knew them all.

After church we went to a big store complex and got some yakisoba (fried noodles) and other food from a restaurant to take home. While waiting for the food, there was a book store right next door, so we all went and looked inside. One of the Yamaguchi boys liked Keroro Gunso like I do so it was fun because I got to see a lot of Keroro stuff.

Soon lunch was ready and we went to the Yamaguchi house to eat. Their house was very, very nice. It was modern style, so the table had chairs with it. We talked a lot and ate. Mrs. Yamaguchi pulled out the Asahikawa map to show me where their family lived in comparison to where my host mom did. It was quite close. It might take me 20 min. on my bike to get there. All of a sudden, her son put a Keroro watch on the table. I was like woaaah. It was exactly what I was looking for. Both of her sons had the watch and one did not want it, so he gave it to me. I was extremely happy. I took the Keroro watch strap and switched it with my current watch strap. So I had the same watch I bought, but with a Keroro strap, lol. I had a great time at the Yamaguchi's.

A few minutes after I arrived home, the doorbell rang, and I received a package. It was a present from the Czaplickis for my b-day, early so I can use it in Japan! ahahha. It was a bike computer (I think that is what it is called). It tells me how fast I am going on my bike and how long I ride it. A magnet is placed on the wheel and a reader reads how fast it takes for the magnet to go a full rotation. This then tells me how fast I am going. I always wanted something like this :P. So I tested it out and got faster than 21 mph, but I will work on getting faster, lol. I still don't get how Michael Johnson can run faster than me when I use my bike and he just runs. LOL. So now when I ride my bike I always look at my total average speed, so I am always tempted to ride faster, lol. If I had one for running, I would probably run too hard and hurt myself, lol. Thank you very much for the gift!!!!!

So then for dinner when my mom got home, my grandpa wanted to go to the same restaurant two days in a row for some reason. The restaurant was like kaiten, but no conveyor belt. You just go and choose plates from a counter and each one had a different price. My host mom told me this was called viking style. LOL. I asked why, and she told me that it was because the vikings could get whatever they wanted, lol. I laughed and still was a bit confused...XD.

2 comments:

Louise said...

you're welcome :]
my parents are just glad that you got it put together because my mom and i couldnt figure it out in the store. haha figures... enjoy

♥ Louise



hi dasiuuuuu i miss you! glad you're still having fun. no mention of my birthday? im a little hurt :(
tehehe bye.

♥ Asia

Anonymous said...

Hey, Adam! Glad you got the package & you're welcome. We're glad you like it & it works ;) Now don't over do it and get hurt, just have fun. Take good care of yourself. Maria