Thursday, June 21, 2007

Soccer





Yesterday when my host mom and I went shopping, we picked up some grapes. This morning for breakfast I had some. I took one and I ate it and then my host mom told me I ate it wrong. I guess with their grapes you do not eat the skin, just the inside (similar to Concord grapes). So I sucked out the insides and it was very refreshing. The grapes were delicious. They had more flavor and were smaller than the ones in the U.S. After breakfast I went for a run. When I got back, I took a shower and straightened up my room. I then had rice balls, more grapes, and melon pan for lunch. I explored the city a little before I had to go to soccer. Soccer started around 4:00. I got there and I introduced myself to the team. We started practice immediately after that. I did not have soccer shoes, so I had to borrow another kid's extra pair. The coach said he was surprised at the size of my feet. He told the team and they were all surprised too. Only a couple kids had feet around the same size and one kid had an an extra pair for me. So we started practice and I was doing very badly because I haven't played in a while. In between drills I got to talk with some kids and as practice went along, more talked to me. Some were trying to play games like saying their name was something it was not to trick me. Towards the end of practice we started a scrimmage. A little into the scrimmage my calf muscles were starting to pull; most likely because I ran, rode my bike, and now played soccer. I played until I reached the point were I felt I was about to get a charlie horse or something, lol. So I went to the bench and talked with the coach and the 3 soccer managers. My coach's English was okay and the three managers' English was actually rather good. They tried talking in English to me, and I tried talking Japanese back. I gave my coach beef jerky that I brought from home and he shared it with the managers. The managers' names were Ami, Shiori, and Natsuki. When practice ended I had a bag of Nestle assorted chocolates that I gave to the team. I also had some pins and pencils from Troy, Michigan that I gave them. The candy went very fast and they were happy XD. I took a picture with them and then everyone left. I would be going to practice the next day and maybe play in a scrimmage against another team Sunday.

8 comments:

George A. said...

YES! You had melonpan! Making me proud Adam hahahaha. :)

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Adam!!!!

I think your blog should be called "Breakfast in Hokkaido" :P LOL!!!!

Well, at least your eating the most important meal of the day ;)
You really need to eat a lot because you're burning up energy the way you're running, biking and playing soccer. Just don't over do it kid!!! (eating & working out)

Take Care :)

Anonymous said...

awww it sounds like you are having a lot of fun there dasiu! i'm glad! your team looks like fun. XD <-- oh yes i used your face. =]

love you!
talk to you later
<333
~Asia

Anonymous said...

Hey there!

Cool...you get to play soccer with a Japanese soccer team! How awesome!

You gotta let us know how they measure up to the U.S. teams you played for here. Are the practices and drills more strenuous then what you're used to or is it comparable? How long do they practice for? How many days a week do they practice? How often do they compete? And finally, how long are their seasons???

Just a few questions we have so if you are able to get the answers we'd like to know. Just for curiosity sake. Take good care of yourself and keep eating well and remember to drink plenty of fluids too because remember cramping of the legs is caused by depletion of potassium which ALL muscles of the body require in order to perform properly!! Just a tad bit of anatomy and physiology info there from your ciocia. ;)

Love you sweetheart!

Ciocia Schroom

Louise said...

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself Loureen and Lindzee say "konnichiwa." :] So yeah listen to my mommy and your ciocia. Talk to you later.

♥ Louise

alimighty1 said...

geez, you sure like giving away beef jerky.
how much did you bring?

im gonna try that grape thing...

Anonymous said...

score a goal for me, adam and then do a nice byahhhhhhhh fist pump after. Have fun at your game.

Louise said...

wow i wonder who that last comment was from... haha