Friday, June 22, 2007

Kaiten sushi




So today I decided I would do a longer run. North and south of my house are two rivers. Those rivers are pretty much exactly 5 kilometers apart from each other. So I decide to run from one river to the other and back to make 10 kilometers. My legs were getting sore and I had annoying blisters on the bottom of my feet from soccer. I finished and rode my bike around town looking for the library. I could not find it, so I went inside a few local convenient stores to look around. It started to rain so I went home and watched some TV for a couple minutes before going to soccer again.

At the beginning of soccer, the coach was not there so we chose teams by counting one and two in a circle. We played a game. The coach came and he told us to continue playing. So the whole practice was a huge scrimmage and it was fun. Although my legs were cramping really badly, I tried to walk it off. I talked with the kids on the team a lot. It was fun. After practice, my host mom told me it was her pay day and we were going out for sushi for dinner. I was super excited. When we got to the restaurant I got double excited because 1) I love sushi, and 2) It was Kaiten Sushi. Kaiten sushi is where you sit around a conveyor belt that goes in a circle with plates of endless sushi on them. Each plate costs a certain amount of money. So you just grab the plate you wanted. There was also something that looked like a hot water faucet at every seat. It was for green tea. It was like a pop machine where you press a button with your cup and it dispenses the beverage. I had a great time. Every piece of sushi I tried, I liked. After sushi, my host mom stopped at her favorite dessert store. It was called Chateraise. We have gone there before and it was delicious. My host mom loves it because everything in the store uses no preservatives. They sold jelly desserts and some things in sauces that I did not know, but was still delicious, lol. My host mom told me to choose two jellies. She chose two also. Last time I had strawberry, so this time I chose grape and peach. Afterwards we went to the movie theater just to see what was playing there, and at what times. We looked to see what was there for Saturday so we could maybe go see one. When we got home we had another dessert; I did not know what it was, but it was still good XD. Afterwards I went to bed.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

hey adam,
hope your having an awesome time!!! it sounds like your having a lot of fun :)

Anonymous said...

Hi adam! Hope you're having fun in Japan! I'm really jealous!! I've wanted to go to a restaurant with a conveyor belt!!! >:O I've only got to see one on a pokemon game!! >:( Well have fun in Japan!!! =)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the only thing missing there is a dessert place in which ENDLESS amounts of desserts come out on conveyor belts! LOL....

But then I think that would be called HEAVEN and we're not allowed there just yet... ; )

Keep up the good eatin'!

Love ya,
Ciocia Ann

Aunt Lorraine said...

Hi Adam,
So good to hear from you!! Glad you made it to Japan safe and sound. I just finished ready everything in your blog. You are doing a fablous job. I look forward to hearing more about your adventures. Take care of yourself and give those legs a rest.
Love,
Aunt Lorraine

Louise said...

ohh geez. so this post of yours is causing me a loss of sleep. haha. ever since loureen posted the pokemon thing we've been playing pokemon stadium on N64 and still are. we being my entire family. haha... when we played the sushi-go-round game we thought of you :]

♥Louise

Anonymous said...

Hi Dasiu!

Even though i do not like sushi, the conveyor belt thing sounds cool. I would like to see one of those.

Wow your legs are going to fall off if you don't cool it. lol

love you!
♥ Asia

Anonymous said...

byahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gosh i love susi

Anonymous said...

byahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gosh i love sushi